New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 10 visitors.
 All Forums
 Blairsville Business & Retailing
 Restaurants
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Page: 
of 41
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  8:02:22 PM  Show Profile
More like a 30/30 aimed at it! ;)

I know yuns are tired of me grawling about it and if itd stop.. Id quit. Im sorry.. :( Just nervin! NOT SURGIN I SAID NERVIN! :)

Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith.

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

ShadowMan

USA
4158 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  8:03:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit ShadowMan's Homepage
Shaderette and I get the House Zalad most often at Zaxby's - fried fingers for me please, grilled for Shaderette. The kids usually get either the Zax Snak or the Chicken Finger plate.

The Zax Sauce completes the chicken fingers. Fries are crinkle-cut steak fries with seasoning shaken over them.

It's not noisy in there usually, and tables are spaced wide enough that it's not difficult to make your way to an open table or booth.

Shadow

This is my kirttimukhaGo to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  8:03:44 PM  Show Profile
LMAO!!!! Remember you can do that "s" word on my blog!!!

Shaken, dirty, 4 Olives.Go to Top of Page

puddin pop

USA
4628 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  8:06:53 PM  Show Profile
I love the salads at Zaxby's. They are as good as you can get anywhere. I had one last night.

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  8:07:28 PM  Show Profile
Shader:) Now you have me wantin that cause we had pancakes, eggs, grits and bacon and ole Au rotten tators.lol... Omy... sounds soooo good tho. Them Shaderors are nice folk!

Maddy, gurl you got it goin on with that blog but guess what... no gettin on myspace with this peace of you know what! :)

And Shader, them fried chickens are good with ranch dressins too::))!

Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith.

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  8:09:03 PM  Show Profile
Thanks guys I have to try those!

Asiano's as well!

Cherry Blossom
Go to Top of Page

samantha_blue

1193 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  9:45:03 PM  Show Profile
I love the fried chicken salad at Zaxbys!!! Very Delish!

Lately for lunch, we've been going to the Sawmill, and dang it's good! Their country fried steak is the best i've had in a LONG time, and that is something that i don't usually order because you never know if it will be tough, etc. But it's GOOOODDD!! Their burgers are awesome too. I'm getting awfully hungry and it's 10pm!! We need to quit this food discussion so late, LOL!!

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  09:35:53 AM  Show Profile
Well, we made the 30 minute drive to Brothers in Murphy last night. We got there and had to wait for 15 minutes to get in. Once we sat down, we knew we made a mistake, it was not the kind of restaurant we like to eat at.
If you enjoy the noise of a school cafeteria (or the cookie jar) you will like this place.
I had called in advance to see if we could have mixed drinks, plus I asked in the lobby and was told both times, that we could.
We decided to make the best of it, so we asked for two glasses and a pitcher of ice and told the girl we were going to have cocktails first.
She came back with glasses only and told me she would have to pour the drinks in the kitchen, that it was against the law for us to pour at our table.
Well, we never have any problem with that at Shoebooties or Monets and i am not letting anyone "pour" my drink in the kitchen, so we thanked her and left.
Came back to Monets and had a nice QUIET Peaceful meal. We told Joan about our experience. Guess there is no place like "home"

Go to Top of Page

fawn

USA
2223 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  11:57:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit fawn's Homepage
That's a bummer to drive all that way and find out it's not the place for you. Are there any restaurants in Blue Ridge that you might enjoy? The drive wouldn't be any longer than the one you took last night.
(By the way, thanks for the comment about the noise. We like dinner in quiet places too.)

Go to Top of Page

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  12:21:53 PM  Show Profile
Maddy,

Wow. That's some news about Fieldstone! I've been wondering what would happen, since the owner died last spring.

I love the Fieldstone and it's practically in my back yard (I could walk to it along the lake from my house), however, it's beginning to need upkeep. It was built in the 1980's.

I hope all the plans are an improvement. It's always amazed me that more restaurants here aren't able to take advantage of a lake view! Shoney's has one of the best views around, which still blows my mind. It would have been a great spot for a really special place.

Even the trash guy in Hiawassee has a lake view lot right on the highway! What a waste. But, he'll get a great price if he ever sells it.

It's too bad about all the firings. Maybe they'll rehire some of them after they reconfigure everything?

Maybe Enrico's will go back to their old location, since it's still for rent.

Shadow,

Thanks for the rating for Asiano's! Good news.

WildflowerGo to Top of Page

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  12:39:54 PM  Show Profile
Coosa,

I lived in Marble from 2001 to early 2005. Marble is like a suburb of Murphy, even though it has it's own post office. All shopping is done in Murphy.

Although I prefer living here now, I have a soft spot for Murphy just because of the time I spent there.

But, I have to say . . . I think we'll be waiting a long time for Murphy to get a restaurant right.

Even Shoebooties . . . the food is good, but they often have the most chaotic service I've ever seen.

I used to work for a native who had a business right down the street from Shoebooties, and they would only get take-out from them because of the service. I often went there at lunch to get the take-out and witnessed the chaos.

The other good restaurant, "Doyles", is all over the map. They vary from wonderful to so-so on any given night.

In North Georgia, it seems like all the restaurants are supported by both natives, tourists, and newcomers.

In Murphy, the better restaurants are mostly supported by newcomers; you don't see that many natives in them.

It's just a different sort of town.

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  12:40:05 PM  Show Profile
I guess Enrico's thought that selling beer & wine there would increase the sales, but it hasn't as much as they thought it would.
I love sitting outside at Enricos or the Yacht Club. Love the view of the lake.

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  12:42:49 PM  Show Profile
The only place that allows brown bagging in Blue Ridge is the cabin place next to Roses. I understand that it is quite crowded there also. Guess we will stick to Monets til someone buys the Village!

Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  12:45:15 PM  Show Profile
Coosa, did y'all ever try Olie's on a weekend evening? Are they still doing dinners with the new owners? Monet's is good, but I just couldn't eat at the same place 5-6 nights a week.

ShadowMan

USA
4158 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  12:47:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit ShadowMan's Homepage
Ollies looked packed last night. They were having some sort of special German meal for dinner. The menu sounded appetizing and I thought about going there until I saw the parking lot.

Shadow

This is my kirttimukhaGo to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  12:49:28 PM  Show Profile
I love german food. That would have been good.

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  12:49:36 PM  Show Profile
They did do a german menu, for the 2nd time on Thursday night. I only ate there once on the weekend and the menu was so limited, almost all seafood, which I can't eat. Maybe the new owners will change things.

Go to Top of Page

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  12:57:43 PM  Show Profile
I haven't been to Enrico's since they were at their old location. It used to be wonderful!

But when they moved, everyone kept telling us they weren't the same. They said the quality had gone down, the prices had gone up, and it was a different crowd. They also got rid of their great bread. All they gained was a bar.

So, I have been discouraged from going.

I also heard from a worker at my bank, that Enrico's used to have a lady who managed them at the old location. They demoted her when she got pregnant (or something like that), and Enrico's has never been the same since.

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  1:01:51 PM  Show Profile
My business partner was just saying that he prefers to brown bag his wine anyway.

That way, he gets exactly what he wants to drink at a lower price!

No one went to Enricos for the drinks anyway back then; they went for the incredible food.

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  1:08:42 PM  Show Profile
Well I have been to Doyles twice and I did not care for the food. I have always had good luck and food at Shoebooties, but it is so hot in the summer! I use to love Enrico's but I have not been there since they moved.
Actually, Monets is a lot cheaper. They don't charge any set up fee for ice and glasses like Doyles and Enricos.
Since we drink diet sprite and they don't carry it, Monets does not charge us anything for drinks, we provide our own. Most restaurants would not let us do that. But we are good customers who eat there 6 nights a week so they are lenient!

Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  6:18:03 PM  Show Profile
We'll see you tonight Coosa!

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  6:19:43 PM  Show Profile
ok, I am getting ready!

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  7:35:15 PM  Show Profile
Even the trash guy in Hiawassee has a lake view lot right on the highway! What a waste. But, he'll get a great price if he ever sells it.

Wildflower
[/quote]

LOL! Thats one of hunnys fewest best friends. He can be hilarious.
Thats been in their family since land lots and trust me when I say, they dont need to make money off of selling it. They are VERY sentimental over that land. The father started specing wayyyy back when and then did the owner financing which back in the day in other areas of Hiawassee. He done well. I can ALMOST bet money that NO Amount of money will make them sell that land. Hunny said theyve been offered LOTS of it before and said no thank ye kindly. However, I think with MOST of the junk cars gone from when he had a car lot there, its lots more appealing than it was back when it was a car lot.

We are partial to that family. Hunny dont call many people friends and well he and the feller been close since they were itty bitty.

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  8:01:41 PM  Show Profile
DoC,

And guess what else?

He's OUR trash guy too!!!! They do a great job; we like them. Heck, they were the only ones who would answer their phone when we were calling around for trash pickup!

How interesting. I had a hunch that he must have gotten offers before. Now, don't you think it would make a great lot for a lakeview restaurant???

Tell him I said so! LOL

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  8:07:46 PM  Show Profile
I sure think so too. They could even do it cause his wife can do some reallly terrific catering. I told hunny to tell him you said hello ;). hehe! Heck, they have a building right there they could restorate and walah.

Hunny ya know asked me to marry him on Bell Mtn after we had discussion over it being a great place for a restr.

Yes I totally agree with you about Shoneys.. what a shame! :(

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

Topic is 41 Pages Long:
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10
 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

New Topic  Topic Locked
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy