New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 8 visitors.
 All Forums
 Blairsville Business & Retailing
 Restaurants
 New Topic  Topic Locked
Page: 
of 41
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
tampa1

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  09:31:01 AM  Show Profile
I will agree, if you want a great experience, go to Berns. Unique restraunt. The quaility of the steaks and what you get with it as well as the service is much better that Shula's/Charlies. Those too, everything is extra. You should take the tour that Bern's offers, takes you to the wine celler and tour of the kitchen..must do. Then you have to go to the desert room upstairs, coffer/deserts are excellent. When you walk into the place you will wonder why? but it's worth the visit. If you enjoy Grouper sandwiches, you need to go to French's on the water in Clearwater, right on the beach. Also try Sheppard in St. Petersburg. Usually have a buffet that is fantastic for seafood. This is right on the intercoastal waterway.
John

Go to Top of Page

luvngamtns

309 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  09:42:28 AM  Show Profile
Tampa1, I agree about Frenchy's but if you ever get to Madeira Beach, try Dockside Dave's for a grouper sandwich. It is temporarily located on the boardwalk as it lost it's location due to (what else?) a condo project. It will then move back to Gulf Blvd. It's just one of those hole in the wall places but the sandwich is so big you will eat grouper for 10 minutes before you get to the bun! Great fries, too.

Go to Top of Page

tampa1

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  10:27:36 AM  Show Profile
Is this on a road that faces the intercoastal water way. I believe I know the place, but once you do the Beach Stumble, you tend to forget where you have gone. Another restraunt in Tampa is Ivaroni's Steakhouse. Small place off of Himes (parallel to Dale Mabry). Excellent steaks, family used to own Malio's, too bad that closed. Tio Pepe's in Clearwater has good seafood too. Spanish restraunt and has great Sangria, goes well with thier Steak and the Garlic butter topping...this is making me hungry.

Go to Top of Page

Alanaah

USA
258 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  11:22:01 AM  Show Profile
Joyful

In Tampa there are great restaurants ....and shopping. You must go to Hydw Park for shopping, also there is a restaurant right there in the Park Called the Wine Something??? You will see it. Davis Island has a real good casual restaurant called 220. Very close to where you will be. Jacksons on Harbour Island, great food and watch the boats. Mice en Place on Westshore , the food will knock your socks off. I agree Bern's is quite the experience they also have side berns now. All kinds of great restauarants, try a cuban sandwich you will be thrilled.

Go to Top of Page

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  12:03:25 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for all the information! The problem is that I will not be able to drive anywhere. We will have a car but as I have said, my eyesight is not good and I don't drive very much. I would never think of driving in a unfamiliar place. Gray will be having "homework" both nights so we will not be able to venture very far away from the hotel. We will be staying at the Wyndham West Shore. He is in a class for those days so I am on my own during the day. That's why I am trying to find something close. I really like Dillards and Neiman-Marcus. Just wish they were in Westshore Plaza.

Luv, I would love (no pun intended) to have lunch with you one day. I would like to meet you!

Joyfulringer

Edited by - joyfulringer on 01/12/2006 12:06:55 PMGo to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  12:11:29 PM  Show Profile
You all are making me hungry! Wish we had a really nice restaurant to go to.

Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  12:37:11 PM  Show Profile
Big changes are taking place at Fieldstone Inn & around that area. Lot's lost their jobs today, yesterday. The people who bought it are the owners from the country club in Hayesville. They are going to revamp Fieldstone, make a nightclub up where Enrico's is, Enricos will move somewhere else when their lease is up, after Fieldstone opens back up, they'll make the yacht club into a more upscale restaurant. (i like it just like it is now!) Maybe Enricos should move right there. It would make a good setting for them.

Shaken, dirty, 4 Olives.Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  12:54:03 PM  Show Profile
We are going to get a nightclub? That sounds great, but I am sorry about all those that lost their jobs! I can't believe that Enrico's is going to have to move again. I wish they would move closer to Blairsville.

Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  1:03:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage
Well, I found out a little while ago that we would not be staying at the Wyndham in Tampa. (someone failed to block out enough rooms) However, we will be staying at the Quorum Tampa.

Joy is so put out about the change.

GrayEagle
"If we dwell upon the harms that have been wrought on us by humankind, we amputate from our mind the power of dwelling upon God." The abbot MacariusGo to Top of Page

luvngamtns

309 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  1:12:17 PM  Show Profile
Gray, there's no need for Joy to be sad. You are just around the bend from the Wyndham. You're still by the mall

Go to Top of Page

luvngamtns

309 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  1:17:37 PM  Show Profile
Joy, we'll just have to make it shopping and lunch! I'll pick you up and take you to International so you can shop at Neimans and Dillards. They have several good restaurants there for lunch.

Go to Top of Page

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  1:47:40 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Maddy, I checked their website and the map and it is located between the two malls. It sounds nice but of course the ads always try to put their best foot forward. My big concern is that I have never heard of this hotel chain so I don't know what to expect. I know that the Wyndham is a good chain.

Joyfulringer Go to Top of Page

tampa1

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  2:48:14 PM  Show Profile
You will be right down the road from the International Mall. Couple of restraunts in the area: Houlihans for one, kind of like a Bennigans. If you like Jazz music, there is a small place behind the AAA Travel building called Foxes. Not bad if you like Jazz/Blues. Of course if you are adventuresome, there is the Doll House, heard the food is good!!!!hahahah. There is an good Italian restruaunt on the outside of the Westshore mall, called Maggio's? on the spelling. Large portions.

Go to Top of Page

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  3:16:27 PM  Show Profile
Luv, that sounds great! Which day is better for you? Thursday or Friday? We will be getting there on Wednesday morning, probably about 10 or 11. Gray's class starts at 1, I think.

Just click on my name and email me. OK?

Maddy, thanks for that link. Most of the reviews were very good although there were a couple that were not so great.

Joyfulringer Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  5:55:27 PM  Show Profile
Bye, off to try out Brothers!!

Go to Top of Page

ShadowMan

USA
4158 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  6:47:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit ShadowMan's Homepage
Zaxby's has a 94 from the Health Dept. currently.

Shadow

This is my kirttimukhaGo to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  7:08:49 PM  Show Profile
What does Zaxby's serve that everyone likes? I've never gone, because it looks like fast food and I'm not sure what's good?

Cherry Blossom
Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  7:09:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage
Luv, thank you so much for asking Joy out for lunch and gal time. That is wonderful! Thanks again!

GrayEagle
"If we dwell upon the harms that have been wrought on us by humankind, we amputate from our mind the power of dwelling upon God." The abbot MacariusGo to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  7:10:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage
Oops, I forgot!

Tampa and Maddy, thanks for all your help! You be the greatest!

GrayEagle

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  7:50:20 PM  Show Profile
I like Trip Advisor. Use it a bunch. Y'all have a great time.

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  7:53:35 PM  Show Profile
Cherry, I get the chicken fingerz... well we all do but hunny and him and Nelly have this wing thing... :)

Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith.

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

ShadowMan

USA
4158 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  7:56:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit ShadowMan's Homepage
Asiano's has a 100 from the Health Department...very reassuring for someplace that serves sushi!

Shadow

This is my kirttimukhaGo to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  7:56:46 PM  Show Profile
Their Chicken Zalads are the bomb! AWESOME!!!

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  7:57:57 PM  Show Profile
AND WE LOVE SUSHI NOW DONT WE YUNS. :)))))))! HEHEE! I wished I could do them smileys without my puter freaking out but yuns get the jist of it?

Shader, 94 is a good grade considering the McDs and Booger King huh? :)

Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith.

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  8:00:42 PM  Show Profile
Doc, I hate that about your puter. Just throw a rock at it !

Topic is 41 Pages Long:
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10
 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

New Topic  Topic Locked
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy