New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 5 visitors.

All Forums
 Blairsville Business & Retailing
 Good Customer Service!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2005 :  11:41:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does it happen anymore? YES! It does...
Share your GOOD/POSITIVE moments with us!

I ordered recently from www.thebetterhealthstore.com and when it came from UPS the box had a hole in the side. 2 of the items were missing! I emailed the store first, & didn't hear anything back, so I just called them. I started off telling her what happened to an order & I didn't even have to give the lady my order number! She said "Oh! We've got a claim in with UPS & they were supposed to call you, they didn't?" I was still picking my mouth up off the floor because she knew about the issue. She said that they were sending out the replacements today too!

Shaken, dirty, 4 Olives.

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2005 :  1:20:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our son has had a few problems with UPS. The most serious was when he sent his college class ring in to have it sized. UPS delivered it and instead of making sure someone was at home, they just left it and then it was stolen. The company tried to get UPS to take responsibility for it and UPS would never call them back. The company finally made Jr. another ring (too late for him to wear it at graduation). There was another time that UPS just left something and it was also stolen. When we send him anything now we make sure that someone signs for it. I much perfer FedEx!

Joyfulringer Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  5:39:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I took both of my Children today to meet their new Doctor, Dr. Cheryl. D. Anderson with High Mountain Health.

What an incredibly nice lady! So sweet and cute and funny. She talked to my Children and asked them a lot of things and on the way out She wanted to promote reading so She gave my Boy a very nice new and wonderful book.

The reception people there were just as friendly and kind and it felt like a nice visit with friends and not a doctor visit at all.

Cherry Blossom
Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  5:44:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is the same doctor that Doc and her family go to. My husband goes to Dr.Breedlove. I don't go to anybody!!

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  11:46:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cherry, Cheryl is a sweetheart. Hunny did some demo work for her when she was tearing down the old house where her new office is going to be and she was so sweet and we have some amazing stuff left over from demo work.

Ive never ever been unhappy with her. Shes great and highly recommended. She puts a lot of time in at the ER too and I feel sooo secure when we end up there and here she comes in!

Her office crew are grand! I love them! Brenda and Debby are wonderful and I hope they have a wonderful Thanksgiving and Santa is really good to them. They all there have went beyond.

Id like to recognize Westgate Video and Jewelry! Andy and Deborah are tops and treated DAD really good while we were there!

I love their tannin beds! I have to admit Ive snuk and tried others but Im partial to Westgate! Nothing compares!

Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith.

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2005 :  07:32:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Id like to recognize Westgate Video and Jewelry! Andy and Deborah are tops and treated DAD really good while we were there!

Without a doubt the service and help I recieved from Andy was great! Thanks, Daughter, for taking me there and intoducing me to Andy!

GrayEagle

"All I know is a society afraid to even talk of prayer, is a society that doesn't have a prayer." Neil CavutoGo to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2006 :  3:11:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had and have had great customer service with www.undercovertourist.com They have all kinds of tickets, dining, hotel deals through the site. I emailed them about my lost Disney tickets and he(Anthony) called me withen :10 after I sent the email. The tickets are discounted too!

**There is no truth except the truth that exists within you. Everything else is what someone is telling you**Go to Top of Page

samantha_blue

1193 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2006 :  9:33:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dr. Anderson and Staff are excellent in my book!!

Go to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11125 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2006 :  10:40:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Has anyone had problems with a certain Drugstore in town? It's not my drugstore but I often times pick up someone else's meds there. And when I was doing home health I was in and out of there quite a bit. But I would have to say %wise, over 30% of the time they goof up on the medications I am picking up. Either put the wrong medicine in the right name baggy. Or all together give me the wrong patients medicine Or even worse than that...Put the wrong medication in the container but with the right name of the med on the bottle! This stuff could kill someone literally. I have just about decided to go to higher up's on this one. After this many times, something needs to be done. And to beat it all, the little "attitudy" chick that does the window makes out like it's YOUR fault! So, today, I got her name! We'll see whose fault is what!

"Christianity is not a religion; it is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ."Go to Top of Page

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2006 :  11:58:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Native, I saw a report on TV a few nights ago about that very same subject. It is happening all over, not just Blairsville! The biggest problem is that the pharmacy people can't read the doctor's handwriting! They suggested that you ask your doctor to PRINT the prescription and then read it back to the doctor. If you can't read it then give it back to the doctor and ask him/her/it to write it so that it can be clearly read! Everyone, make sure that you check your medicine after you get it from the drugstore. There are a lot of drugs that have simular names.

Joyfulringer Go to Top of Page

taylor50-140

USA
2293 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2006 :  12:19:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Speaking of medication mix-ups - just a reminder - be just as cautious when you or a family member is in the hospital. ALWAYS ask what the medication is, what it is for, who ordered it, ect. When I had my 1st knee surgery at age 14, the nurse was going to give me an elderly womans heart medication. I had been taught to always ask about stuff like that, so I didn't take it. Made the nurse mad, but after I called mama and she got through with them......Whew! Also, when daddy was in the hospital the nurse came in to give him a shot. I asked her what it was for, what it was, ect. She didn't know much, but said the Dr. had ordered it. I asked which doctor. She got a bit aggravated, but I wouldn't let her give it to daddy. Come to find out, it was a mega-blood thinner called LOVINOX. I wouldn't let her give it to daddy, as he had been admited for coughing up blood! This was during his cancer stuff. The medication was supposed to be prescribed for a woman a few doors down from daddy who happened to have the same last name. Her doctor had simply looked at the last name on the chart and wrote his orders - for the wrong patient!
Better to be safe than sorry - ASK QUESTIONS!!

Life is a Journey -
Enjoy The Trip!Go to Top of Page

nelly

USA
2816 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2006 :  6:50:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Dr. Anderson and Staff are excellent in my book!!

Oh yes, for sure!

They always make me feel important and welcome!

She did have a snooty little male PA in there training for awhile but I noticed that he was short lived! LOL!

A simple act of kindness.....pass it onGo to Top of Page

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2006 :  2:27:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another thing that happens more often than you would think . . . a doctor will rewrite a prescription for an Rx that has just expired, and write it for the wrong strength!

That could really mess up a person's system.

WildflowerGo to Top of Page

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2006 :  2:41:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Taylor,

Years ago in Dallas, TX, I went into the hospital for a routine tubal ligation. I was wheeled into the holding area where they put everyone to sleep before taking them into the operating rooms.

I was just lying there looking around. A doctor and nurse came over to me and told me my EKG showed a problem. I thought about it for a minute, and said . . .

"When did I have an EKG?"

They both just stared at me and their eyes got huge. They realised that they had me confused with an elderly patient lying across the room!

They were so flustered and they apologized. The doctor joked "We just opened this hospital yesterday, you know!"

I laughed, but . . .

Comforting.

WildflowerGo to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy