New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 18 visitors.
BoeBro Ventures, Inc. and Blairsville.com does recommend or endorse any business or professions discussed by our members. You should consider the information provided as advice alone and consult as many sources as you can when choosing a business or person to provide a service.
 All Forums
 Blairsville Business & Retailing
 Refrigerator repair?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 2
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Nikita04

USA
744 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2005 :  2:14:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Recomendation for a repairman? Thanks!!!

Edited by - Nikita04 on 11/15/2005 2:14:51 PM

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2005 :  2:18:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We usually call whoever we bought it from. Sears and alexander's both have repair men.

Go to Top of Page

samantha_blue

1193 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2005 :  3:53:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We use Richard Harkins - Harkins Appliance! Very dependable and good and usually same day service!!

Go to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11125 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2005 :  7:29:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Me too Sam! He is someone I would let come in my house and fix anything without worries or being home when he was here. Richard tells the truth and tells it like it is...If he can fix it he will if it's too far gone...then he'll "fix it" til you can get something else! I promise you won't be unhappy with him! He's the most well known in the community!

I live in my own little world. But it's OK. They know me here...
Go to Top of Page

Aragorn

USA
907 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2005 :  7:29:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I uses Gene's appliance. He always treated me good

"Est Sularus Oth Mithas"Go to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11125 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2005 :  07:17:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
LOL! Thanks Maddy! I still stand my ground, Harkins is the best! Could it be, the man made an honest mistake? Like so many of us do? Like I said, he's honest, and by your attitude he probably was trying to get out of your house and didn't want to deal with you! You voiced your opinion, that's mine!

I live in my own little world. But it's OK. They know me here...
Go to Top of Page

swissroger

USA
7923 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2005 :  2:23:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
not silly but non agressive.

put on an name of an buiseness and say its not good (dont matter if it realls is or not) is not nice. better say witch ones you would use and why. then the asker get it witch ones to go for and witch one not cause theres no feedback.

look theres sometimes things you cant now or do or whatever. humans makes mistakes. so if you work with your hands as i do sometimes mistakes happens, if you want or not. thats human.

and no i dont now anyone monetioned or get $$ out or will go into that buiseness hahaha.

swissroger: "theres never an dull moment on the ga countryside"Go to Top of Page

fawn

USA
2223 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2005 :  4:39:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit fawn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's very difficult to know who to trust when you are new to an area. The place we bought our appliances from recommended a certain person to install the dishwasher and microwave. We spoke with him on the phone and agreed to his price. Well, when he showed up amd spent 5 minutes fumbling around with the dishwasher, the price suddenly went up $100 for installation. At this point, we were exhausted from the move and too tired to argue. We would never, never use this person again. The irony here is that Mr. Expert is from Florida and just a few miles from our home there. Yes, we were ripped off but we weren't ripped off by a "native". Some Floridians seem to think they get charged extra by the locals. It was the opposite for us.

Go to Top of Page

Nikita04

USA
744 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2005 :  5:29:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I went to Sears & bought a new refrigerator.

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2005 :  5:40:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh fawn, was your repairman from Florida, from central florida? Did he have real dark black hair? He came and checked out my appliances in DeLand, Fl. when I was selling my house. There used to be a wonderful guy that worked at The appliance store where Shawn's is now located. I wondered what happened to him.
I got an appliance man from Murphy. He came, took my ice maker from behind the bar, and kept it for 8 months. I finally asked him to bring it back and it was filthy. He cracked all the tile on my bar getting it out. He was GE reccommended, but I would not get him again. GE finally gave me a new icemaker.
Fawn, we call the guy from Fla., Mr. Shorty Shorts!!

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2005 :  6:17:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome spam, glad you joined us!

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2005 :  09:16:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Fawn, I want to know about the guy from Florida. He installed the appliances in my neighbor's house,if it is the same guy.

Go to Top of Page

fawn

USA
2223 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2005 :  11:52:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit fawn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Coosa...you have mail.

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2005 :  12:16:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks fawn. All we can say, is beware the repairman wearing short shorts!! It is the same guy, but no names!!

Go to Top of Page

Lake Runner

USA
305 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2006 :  10:16:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My frig is out! Anyone do weekend repairs?

We can't change the wind, but we can adjust our sailsGo to Top of Page

ShadowMan

USA
4158 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2006 :  2:55:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit ShadowMan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't have any numbers to offer. They guy we used to call for our fridge wouldn't show up when we called - and that was during the week.

Shadow

This is my kirttimukhaGo to Top of Page

spam4einstein

839 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2006 :  8:57:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This just ended up back at the top because as I re-read it I realized someone (no names) edited my original post and changed the initials of the person who I was warning about. I just changed them back, but it popped up to the top in the process.

Go to Top of Page

Admin

USA
1484 Posts
Blairsville.com Administrator

Posted - 09/18/2006 :  9:49:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Posts have been removed that either violated our Usage Policies or were discussion around those posts that violated policy. For future postings, please read them to see what is allowed.

Please note that policy changes have occurred since this topic was first posted, and some earlier posts were no longer within policy guidelines. If your post was removed, please feel free to Email Admin for insight on why.

Go to Top of Page

spam4einstein

839 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2006 :  10:12:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, Im not impressed! I posted someone who was excellent and it got deleted. Sorry If I felt the need to protect others from a person to be avoided. Actually, another poster recommended the same man I did and it was deleted too! What good is a site where people cant freely exchange info or recommendations? I wrote a thoughtful post explaining exactly what happened! Give the readers credit enough to make up their own minds. I assume anyone reading this would want to know who to avoid as much who to use. At the very least Mr. Admin, please give a excellent business man the kudos he got here and you took away. This has now become a big ad for a man we wouldnt all recommend.

YOU CAN KEEP YOU SITE. ITS NO USE TO ME IF ITS HEAVILY EDITED AND AND WHITE WASHED and ALL REASONABLE VIEWPOINTS ARENT WELCOME.

Edited by - spam4einstein on 09/18/2006 10:22:30 PMGo to Top of Page

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2006 :  08:09:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Spam, I agree with you,completely.It seems as if the amin.(owners )actions are design to prevent more involvement on this forum.They are shooting themselves in their own feet.On the other hand maybe the action is intentional. WRJ

William R.JenkinsGo to Top of Page

Admin

USA
1484 Posts
Blairsville.com Administrator

Posted - 09/19/2006 :  10:03:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Clarification:
Our Usage Policies are designed to protect both the site and our posters. Because we do not review posts in advance of their appearance on the website, a poster is personally legally liable for their statements. While the website itself is most likely not liable for its member's postings, we help to protect that status by enforcing the usage policy and err toward the side of caution when doing so.

We do not edit parts of messages to make them adhere to the usage policy because it is the poster's own obligation to understand what sort of statements are permitted and which are not. Unfortunately, this means some posts which are for the most part acceptable must be removed and the poster must resubmit them with the violating portions removed.

Our actions are quite intentional in that they are designed to keep us from losing the ability to host these forums.

Go to Top of Page

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2006 :  10:17:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Admin.Doesn't a false statement or accusation about aa person constitute grounds for a libel lawsuit,where as a true statement about an individual does not usually. If Tom has a statement on this forum that Joe doesn't do the repair on his automobile,to his satisfacton would not constitute grounds for compensatory compensation. Maybe the publication of what is necessary for a deframation proceeding,on the forum. Objection over ruled ,next witness,please.WRJ

spam4einstein

839 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2006 :  10:59:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I dont want to bother to participate in a site that dosnt want my input, but out of respect for others who may want useful info. Mr. R. H. was the worst repairman or any service person I ever used. He came to my house with no tools, spent 10 seconds looking behind my fridge. Said it was out of r-12. Said he couldnt fix it bacause it used r-12 refrigerant. If he so much as opened the door he would have seen it uses r-134. He was here no more than 50 seconds and charged me $50. You need a license to use r-12(hint)

His apparent lack of knowledge and definite lack of effort cost me $450. I called a real repairman after I realized it was 134-a (as I was throwing it away after replacing it). He said it would be $70 total to fix. I have used several hundred tradesmen being a property manager for a decade, usually the bad ones dont show up. I wish I was that lucky this time.

This was my experience

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2006 :  5:01:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, Spam, we all know who you are talking about. I guess it is alright to give initials. I would warn against R.M. He is from florida, but lives here now.

Go to Top of Page

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2006 :  10:25:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Coosa ,Is the person that wears shorts to service calls? If it is I know about him also. WRJ

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2006 :  5:23:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, it is the same man, he came to my house in Florida over 22 years ago!

Go to Top of Page

Topic is 2 Pages Long:
  1  2

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy