New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 11 visitors.

All Forums
 Local Politics and related issues
 Business license?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Admin

USA
1484 Posts
Blairsville.com Administrator

Posted - 11/02/2005 :  2:03:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Anyone know what it takes to get a business licence in Blairsville? Who do you see? What does it cost?

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2005 :  2:13:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our Accountant took care of that for us, but I believe all you have to do is go to the court house.

Shaken, dirty, 4 Olives.Go to Top of Page

Wu

1452 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2005 :  2:45:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found this on the Union County Development Authority page: www.ucda.net

SMALL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CENTER

The University of Georgia Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Gainesville office offers professional consultants to provide management and technical assistance to business owners and prospective entrepreneurs. Consultants regularly visit and assist companies on-site. Help can include financial analysis, market strategy creation, procurement assistance and export assistance and business plan development. SBDC Consultants who serve Union County include: Ron Simmons or Paul Kreager, phone (770) 531-5681.

Go to Top of Page

CADGuy

103 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2005 :  3:12:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Depending on your need a business license for this area might not be needed.

I moved my corporation out of Blairsville city limits a couple years ago. This decision was due in part that no taxes are placed on my revenue stream for a business operated in the county. Even if this business was a corporation that has a revenue stream from the internet and not a dollar is earned from the county. I would have been paying if I were in the city limits. While in the county no money goes to Union county and this is perfectly legal. My tax obligation is to the state of Ga and other states where I collect money.

In Gwinnett county I'd pay a 2% inventory tax just for product sitting on the self regardless of where in the county it is located. When I met with county government here in Union to discuss any benefit to locating a business here they left out entirely the difference in pay or pay not by being locating the business in the county.

G'Luck

Go to Top of Page

CaseyDoodleBug

USA
287 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2005 :  4:05:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The county does not issue business license, only the city of Blairsville. The city limits are very small, so unless you are located right downtown, you may not need a license.

The cost is $100 and you have to make application at City Hall. The application must be approved by City Council prior to opening for business - they meet the first Tuesday of each month.

DoodleBugGo to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy