New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 12 visitors.
 All Forums
 Blairsville Business & Retailing
 Home Decor Sources
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 2
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2005 :  10:17:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With so many people moving in, I thought it might be good to have a special topic where people can discuss decorating sources.

I'll start.

I went to a Grand Opening today for an Area Rug store called "DRESS YOUR FLOORS - THE AREA RUG STORE" located at 403 Blue Ridge Hwy, Suite 5. It's in the Town Center (I think?) strip mall located just south of 515.

They have area rugs hanging and some stacked on the floor. You can also order out of their catalogs if you don't see what you're looking for.

The owner, Michelle, moved here and realized there was no place dedicated to area rugs, so she decided to open one.

I ordered a small rug for my entry with great big Autumn leaves on it. (They only had the 7x5 size hanging up) Pretty!

Next! Tell us about your sources for home decor.

Wildflower

nativelady

USA
11126 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2005 :  11:03:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Home Interiors used to be my thing......UNTIL.......It got to be a rucus and I said HEcK with it! My decor is dead stuff out of the woods...from deer to bobcats to fishys to ......Well that's it for now! And of course I have my lil doo dads and all the Home Interior that I bought from way back when...pictures and stuff. Figurines...some but not many...too many dust bunnies anymore!

I live in my own little world. But it's OK. They know me here...
Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2005 :  11:15:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Defin. not as into Home Interiors as I was at one time. For one.. cha ching and after kids... um nothing stays the same! DEFIN. NOT A BAD THING.

I have bought several things like candle ombras (sp) and such from Marshells. I bought a trunk set and some interior stuffs from Mountain Magic Gifts when they sadly went out of business, wished Id went there long before I did! They had the coolest stuffs! IM SOOO SAD - I havent gotten the todo list done here at the new house. Pictures arent hung still .. well about 40% of them and curtains arent hung yet. I got mad at the drill and so we arent friends now.

I love a decorated home, I am just not gonna put lotsa money into doing so when you small ones and high area traffic. I have some antiques that I will save for when the youngest kids are older to put out in the home.

If it werent for prices tho, Home Interiors is still a favorite for me but I like Marshells in Marietta for special touches in the home.

Lady, you know we have the wild life scenery too.lol UNTILL HUNNY GETS HIS SPACE DONE ANYWAYS!

Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith.

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2005 :  07:35:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I love decorating My Mom was big on it so I say it must be in the blood.

I get ideas and search for a way to do it for much less. I will not pay full price. Ebay, overstock.com, Marshalls, TJ Maxx, etc...

The problem is you can't buy everything you'd like it has to match and that is tricky, plus I do not like having too many things. If I have something I don't use I'll give it away or sell it on ebay rather than watch it not being used.

My house is traditional so I am limited. However when I finish my downstairs I think I will use some of the rustic and country stuff down there, it's so cute.

Cherry BlossomGo to Top of Page

nelly

USA
2816 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2005 :  07:47:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.homedecorators.com/

Good prices, great outlet site, and really excellent customer service!

and

http://www.designtoscano.com/

for those quirky things!

A simple act of kindness.....pass it onGo to Top of Page

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2005 :  08:07:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since most of my house is decorated in the country style, I love to shop at Robynn's Nest out on the Murphy highway. I can ALWAYS find something cute and country there.

The rest of the house is Coastal. I get my seashells off the beach! Most of my lighthouses came from Cracker Barrel, except they don't carry them anymore. Bummer!

I can't wait to start decorating the new house in Blairsville (once it gets built) with all of the treasures that we have collected over the years!

I always make the hallway our family photo gallery lining the walls with pictures from grandparents, parents, baby, school, trips, graduations and now the latest, our cruise. Hallways become the history of the family.

Joyfulringer Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2005 :  08:38:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone tried that 2 first name place on Hospital St.? Well now, hospital st. is named something else, but I don't remember that name. It's near the Alltel building & Library.

Shaken, dirty, 4 Olives.Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2005 :  08:51:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, I haven't, isn't something like Rebecca Lynn. My house is decorated very modern. My carpet is white and so is my sofa. My seondary color is soft pink. When I moved into my new house (from a log house) I gave away all of my furniture and bought brand new. I bought most of my furniture from Rhodes and I used speigels catalogs a lot. I ordered mirrors from Town and country furniture. I did it one piece at a time, so I could get exactly what I wanted. I use the Home decorator catalog, especially for stained glass which I put in every house we build. All my walls are white. Upstairs, in the library is where I put my antique things. I have a collection of hummels and they are behind the wet bar.

Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2005 :  08:56:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes!! "Jenny Rebecca's" . Thanks for tweaking my memory Coosa!

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2005 :  08:58:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is right behind the library in a large house.

Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2005 :  10:09:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
doc, you'll have to venture down to mall of ga. & go to "TJ MAXX & More" It's a superstore for TJ MAXX!! Very kewl home stuff too.

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2005 :  10:52:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love looking at furniture stores. Gary says next time we move, we will give all this furniture away and start over. I think he just doesn't like to move furniture.

Go to Top of Page

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2005 :  9:58:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
People, people, people!

I want more details. For instance, tell me what Home Interiors is. What do they have? What sort of style?

Want details on the other places you've all mentioned too!

Indulge me. Then, I'll know if it's someplace I should visit.

Do tell.

LOL

WildflowerGo to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2005 :  06:26:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With home decorating, I feel it's your own taste & something you have to find for yourself. I always loved going in my girlfriends house & then would be depressed after leaving there thinking "why can't my home look like a Southern Living or Victorian" home? Well, then I decided that that isn't really what I'm about and it will never look like it's never lived in or that nobody in the home can touch anything.
As far as Home Interiors. I think that's the MLM type business where you go to see the stuff & order from the catalog?? I personally don't care for it. There are "Southern Living" parties out there & I do partake in buying some things when I go to those parties, but my living room still doesn't look like it does in the book!!!

Shaken, dirty, 4 Olives.

Edited by - mad4martinis on 10/31/2005 06:28:26 AMGo to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11126 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2005 :  06:39:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Back in the 80's Home Interior was the "THANG" but today it's turned into a money racket and the style has changed to the point that I don't care much for it. I like their candles. That's it!

I decorate Country because that is our personlities. Hubby and the guys are hunters. I am a country gal. I don't like Modern at all. It's nice to look at but personally I couldn't live or it wouldn't suit my personality or anyone here. I like critters and birdhouses and farm looking pictures. Country backgrounds...I love Old People Figurines. Used to have alot of those. Angels is another thing I like. Wood is the look in my home. Love old antique jars and have a few bird nests on sticks in here too. A tiny hornet's nest. Lamp that looks like a boat with little fishies hanging from the shade...Stuff like that. I don't shop for my decor...I add to it from gifts I recieve...My Mom's house looks like you have walked into a Gift Shop for crafts! And even smells like it. I love it! But I am not into decorating like I once was. I used to be the $1000 dollar hostess for several years with Home Interior and I recieved several nice things from that. But today I am content with my style. Nothing fancy..nothing expensive except a few "priceless" items...such as pictures of my Paw Paw and Granny and I have that on an old antique table that my BIL gave me. I am a simple person.

I live in my own little world. But it's OK. They know me here...
Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2005 :  09:57:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Theres a wonderful Home Interior agent usually at Video Unlimited next to Cooks Restr. She is fabulous and Ive seen her house and how she decorates it. She suits you not about her. Really like her!

However I fall into Ladys thangy.lol Im not much for it anymore for the reasons given above.

I have religous stuffs. And.. well.. ummm... I hate hunter green anymore!lol Im just tired of it. Not that its not perdy. just tired of it like I was that country blue in the 80s!LOL! My moms place is Green and green and green carpet and blinds and ... How the heck she got it to color cordinate I dont know but she did. And shes happy with it and Im happy for her..

I dont like a lotta what nots at all. Mainly cause the dust. Not lack of energy to dust as much as clutter and we have enough of that here.

My bedroom Is a king size log bed with deer heads starin at me when I wake up and well. me and these deer have this understandin that one day they wont be lookin at me when I wake up with them big ole eyes as to say ... woman brush that hair and put something else on!
And I just look at them and think... ha you think Im bad, your hangin on my dang wall. O I get so bent outta shape about them thangs! I dont say too much but I think after 9 yrs... 5 yrs and 2 yrs... its time they hung around someplace else! humph.

Ok Now Ive lost my consintration of what we was talkin about cause I am typing right under this dang deer head! sigh!

Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith.

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2005 :  10:20:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just love modern, it is clean and simple. The only pictures I will hang are live photographs, not anything painted. For example, I have a picture of a church at Cade's cove, the Mad Bluebird, a cherry blossom tree, a panda bear. Those are all in my bedroom. My living room is all white, white couch, and white glass tables. My dining room is black and white. I use several fancy mirrors in the house, including all the bathrooms. I have a chandlier in my powder room and one about the jetted tub in my bathroom. I have ordered a few things from the Home Interiors magazine, but mostly stained glass which I sit in the windows!

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2005 :  10:22:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Coosa, thems my kinda photos. This house inside is more modern and well.lol the antiques work I think.... but... rustic.. heck, gonna have to start over.lol

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2005 :  10:27:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love antique stuff too and it worked in my log house. So, I have a room upstairs, we call the library, and I put all my old stuff and civil war stuff up there.

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2005 :  10:30:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I may have to call on Maddy and Nelly when I get rich enough to buy all new stuff to match this house, Ive seen theirs and really love their style of modernish um but yet still kindly countryish... ah heck yuns know what I mean... lol I LIKE THEIR STYLE!

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2005 :  10:31:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OF COURSE THAT MAY BE 16 YRS FROM NOW!LOL

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2005 :  10:33:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would love to have a cabin and decorated it all cabiny looking with bear or deer stuff. I saw one cabin decorated with all moose stuff. I could not believe anyone could find so much moose stuff. It was so neat, but my all white interior is not designed for that.

Go to Top of Page

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2005 :  10:41:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now that you explained what Home Interiors is, I do remember seeing the catalogs in the 1980's.

I had forgotten the name.

;)

WildflowerGo to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2005 :  10:43:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Coosa, every kid that comes here gets on the bear!LOL

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2005 :  10:44:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I get a catalog every month. I have also gotten a few stained glass windows at less than half price. I bought two for the cabin I am selling at about $50 each. They were priced at $130 each.

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2005 :  10:50:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wonderful prices! My favprote artist tho when it comes to pictures would be Renior. Now I do like some paintings but Coosa type pictures are my favorite.

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

Topic is 2 Pages Long:
  1  2

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy