New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 10 visitors.

All Forums
 Local Politics and related issues
 Union County Road Paving
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
jra

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2005 :  4:02:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is a real pretty subdivision off Dockery Creek Rd in North Union County with new homes. We need a friend of Commissioner Lamar Paris to build in The Wildwood Subdivision or at least buy a lot only 13 of 28 left. Then we can get our road black topped.

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2005 :  4:15:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know about Wildwood. My husband built the homes on lots 6, 7, 14 and 23. He is currently building on lot 9 in there. I wish the road in was paved too, a school bus has to go down it each day. I hate to go down that road in my vette because it is gravel.
We know Lamar slightly, my husband build his cousin's house. My husband was asked to serve on the new construction board of adjustments and appeals. We will ask Lamar about this when we next see him.

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2005 :  4:17:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
By the way, I don't think there are that many lots left.(for sale) Another builder bought 4 lots that have not started yet and our customer (lot 23) bought the lot next to her to keep. so there are only about 4 or 5 lots left.

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2005 :  12:14:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you talked to Mr. Paris about this? Any idea how many homes that road serves? I wish it could be widened too!

Go to Top of Page

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2005 :  11:40:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sure wish they would pave (and widen, just a bit) Barnes Creek Road!

JoyfulringerGo to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2005 :  3:48:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WE JUST NEED A NEW ROAD STRATEGY! OR DOT NEEDS TO MAKE SOME NEW PLANS AND STICK UM ON THE MAP. The roads are fulleth!

Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith.

Saint Francis of Assisi

Edited by - daughterofconfederate on 11/23/2005 3:55:44 PMGo to Top of Page

ShadowMan

USA
4158 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2005 :  4:19:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit ShadowMan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Fulleth? What be this "fulleth" you speak of?

Shadow

This is my kirttimukhaGo to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2005 :  4:34:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol! them thar roads Shader man!

Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith.

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

ShadowMan

USA
4158 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2005 :  7:35:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit ShadowMan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
19/129N towards Blairsville needs a true bypass to connect to 515. I know it's a federal route and all, but we should really be pushing for that from our state and federal representatives. 2009 to 2012 is a long time away to be waiting for it.

And there should be a better way to cut over to 76 from 19/129 (trying to do that down Owltown is a long detour!).

The City of Blairsville should improve the parking situation around the Square. Lunchtime and parade times around there can get pretty hairy.

Shadow

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2005 :  7:52:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amen Shader. We just got home and even Ingles parking lot is a ... err!

Id say that Id quit driving and walk but youd get slap dab ran over!The bridge at the courthouse... you know I like the exit ramps lots better than what we did have but honest to God every time I use the one that heads up, its a cluster!!### People trying to go when they shouldnt and people who sit there (like me) wondering if Im gonna get plowed or not. There should be a legal 4 way stop there! Its a mess! Im sorry but the only roads I know that arent a mess are the back country side roads.

Shader, who exactly is in charge of the roads here hun?

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

ShadowMan

USA
4158 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2005 :  11:22:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit ShadowMan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's a combination of County, State, and Federal departments. Most are the county's. A number are the State of Georgia's. A smaller number are Federal, but overlaid on state roads.

Here's an interesting screen capture I got from the GADOT site that shows their proposed bypass once they get around to it: http://www.flickr.com/photos/shadowbill/66375186/

The screen shot came from this PDF which shows the whole county: http://www.geocities.com/shadow1666/Union_FC.pdf

Both came from the Georgia DOT's website at: http://www.dot.state.ga.us/dot/plan-prog/transportation_data/function_class_maps/index.shtml
(See bottom of Web page)

Shadow

This is my kirttimukha

Edited by - ShadowMan on 11/23/2005 11:25:34 PMGo to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2005 :  11:41:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shader that is interesting but what do you think? Do you think that just with that, that this will relieve the congested areas?

PSSS. THANKS FOR PUTTING THAT THERE AND I SAW THAT SPEED ODOMATER.LOL!

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

ShadowMan

USA
4158 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2005 :  04:20:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit ShadowMan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
DoC, I drive in Atlanta to and from the airport each week. So I don't really consider what we've got around here as congested.

I think the 19/129 bypass would help. Not sure it would help your spot there across from the video place though.

Shadow

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2005 :  05:21:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have to agree with Shadow! I drive in much heaver traffic each day to and from work. The "rush hour" in B'ville is LIGHTER than normal non-rush hour traffic in Miami!

It would be nice to clear out some of the downtown traffic in B'ville and it would be nice if the Gooch bypass could become a "federal" bypass and trucks would have to use it instead of coming through town.

I wonder when the proposed bypass Shadow showed will come to pass?

GrayEagle

"All I know is a society afraid to even talk of prayer, is a society that doesn't have a prayer." Neil CavutoGo to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2005 :  3:33:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think a lot of the semi's and big trucks coming thru town are taking supplies to Builderway.

Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy