New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 27 visitors.

All Forums
 Blairsville Business & Retailing
 I need a great hair salon
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
curbaniu

13 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2005 :  10:40:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know of a salon in Blairsville that does a really great job with color/highlights, etc?

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2005 :  11:12:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Curby, WELCOME!!! I go to Nicci up across on the hill next to the Dollar Zone across from the Post Office, its a walk in for one and SHE IS FABULOUS!

Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith.

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2005 :  07:26:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use Tammy at Hair by Adair for my highlights & Johnny (her husband) for my cut & color. She does both, but I get them done at different times.

Shaken, dirty, 4 Olives.Go to Top of Page

Southern_Sue

61 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2005 :  4:38:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jeff Plott in Young Harris.....Dare to be Different.....WONDERFUL!!

Go to Top of Page

curbaniu

13 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2005 :  11:30:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info! I had heard about two of the places mentioned (Hair by Adair and Dare to be Different) but not the other one. I love this website and thought maybe this would be a good way to find the best place to go. Thanks again!

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2005 :  11:34:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Curby, stay on here with us and talk. It is always nice to have a new person posting!!

Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2005 :  12:39:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let me know which one you try and how you like it.

I have not seen anyone's hair in person to see how well of a job anyone does.

I tried a hair dresser in Murphy and I think it was a good job, but I always love to see someone who's hair that is just beautiful and ask them who they go to.

Cherry Blossom

Edited by - Cherry Blossom on 09/12/2005 12:40:32 PMGo to Top of Page

curbaniu

13 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2005 :  12:56:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do the same thing (ask people who does their hair). Unfortunately I've had 2 bad experiences so now I'm REALLY picky.

Sorry I don't post more often, I'm in and out all the time.

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2005 :  12:59:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why don't you go to Introductions and tell us a little about yourself?

Go to Top of Page

curbaniu

13 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2005 :  4:12:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you got it

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2005 :  4:15:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good, it is nice to meet new people!

Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2005 :  4:28:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jeff Plott does do good work from what I've seen of my friends. I just feel like I'm betraying Johnny by going somewhere else!! I've used him since we moved up here 4.5 yrs ago.

Shaken, dirty, 4 Olives.Go to Top of Page

curbaniu

13 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2005 :  9:45:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've noticed 112 people have read this question but only a few have responded. Any more opinions about who does the best job in this area?

Go to Top of Page

ShadowMan

USA
4158 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2005 :  10:06:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit ShadowMan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's 112 readings of the topic, not 112 people. It increments even when the same person reads the topic multiple times (to see new messages, for example).

For my money, there's none better than Tom's Barber Shop. He won't color hair or tint it. But he and his crew can cut a buzz like nobody else's business. A nice straight razor neck shave at the end too.

Shadow

FWIW, JOMO. YMMV!

Edited by - ShadowMan on 09/13/2005 10:08:32 PMGo to Top of Page

Butterfly

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2005 :  10:12:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike Stephens - Mike's Hair Design - in Young Harris is who I like when I have hair that needs cutting. He also does great perms, tho it has been a while since he has permed my hair.

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2005 :  10:26:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL SHADER! ILL BE GOIN TO TOMS BEFORE LONG. I KEEP GETTIN MINE CUT SHORTER AND SHORTER.LOL

Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith.

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11126 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2005 :  11:00:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
....Just lookin in the mirror...I need a good one too! I hadn't had straight hair since I was 17...So...Spiral ROds...Here I come!

Oh! And I let Robin Zimmerman do mine! She doesnt charge per inch on spirals and it's one set price and her spirals last a year in my hair!

I live in my own little world. But it's OK. They know me here...
Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2005 :  11:04:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL! YOUR HAIRS PERDY ANYWAYS! I MEMBER YOU HAVIN CURLY HAOR UP YUNDER..LOL

Mines ummm about 2 inches past my ears.lol I cant get a perm. Even if I could, itd fall out with the dye I use.lol.

I wished I had patients to let it grow out but it just gets so oily lookin and unhealthy lookin. YEAH ID SPIRAL TOO. YOU GO GURL!

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

Nikita04

USA
744 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2005 :  12:27:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like Styles By Joy- Joy,Robin& Gene are great!

Edited by - Nikita04 on 09/14/2005 12:27:47 AMGo to Top of Page

puddin pop

USA
4628 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2005 :  10:42:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I go to Jeff Plott. As a matter of fact I need to call over there today. I need some trimming done.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2005 :  01:51:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Puddin and Flutterby, my mom in law uses him too and she LOVES him. Im just afraid Ill come out of there ummmm with blue hair or something ... I never knew him till my mom in law said that she uses him and I met him when hunny and I was at the gas station. I just kept a thinking, my mom in law goes there and I dont want her hair style. Im weird. NOW that I DO know that umm yuns go and see what he does for yuns, I may tru him out if Nicci cant do it or something.

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

puddin pop

USA
4628 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2005 :  08:52:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I still have some "bold and exciting stuff" that he did to my hair back months ago goin on that I did not really like. It was too blondy looking at first but he fixed it for me. He really does want you to be satisfied. My hair is so dark the gray shows up very bad and I have to do something.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.Go to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11126 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2005 :  2:21:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I used to go to Jeff! Me and all the kids! He always done a good job on my hair. He liked trying things and I wasn't into changing much or creating a hay field out of my hair! LOL! I like mine to "rest" between perms and that way it stays healthy! But Jeff does do hair well. It just got to the point it was out of the way for me to go to him so I just found someone locally to do mine!

But I remember when I went to him I could talk and talk to him for hours! LOL!

I live in my own little world. But it's OK. They know me here...
Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy