New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 10 visitors.
 All Forums
 Union County Schools
 Whatever happened to these teachers?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 2
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
stardust74

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  09:24:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw Mrs. Cobb the other day. Anybody remember her?? She was in front of me in line. She looks nothing like she did before, but when she said something, I knew it was her, the same voice!! I was very impresses to see her, but I didn't say anything to her, because I wasn't a very good student in her class. It was nice to see that she was still alive and going strong!

You are the same today that you are going to be in 5 years from now except for two things: the people with whom you associate and the books you read.--Charles JonesGo to Top of Page

puddin pop

USA
4628 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  09:38:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We were in that class together! Remember??? I got smart with her once because she always made us grade papers. I told her that was the teacher's job. lol

If at first you don't succeed, do it the way your wife told you to.Go to Top of Page

stardust74

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2007 :  09:41:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh yeah, we were! LOL. She honestly scared me, but I guess I deserved it for acting out! LOL You should have seen my face pudding, when she opened her mouth at the store and I realized it was her, I about fell over!! LOL and I was thinking Lord I hope she doesn't recongnize me LOL

You are the same today that you are going to be in 5 years from now except for two things: the people with whom you associate and the books you read.--Charles JonesGo to Top of Page

GeorgiaGal

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  12:06:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh yes..I remember Mrs. Cobb! I never did have any problems in her class, she was always such a good teacher with us. I think I had her in the 5th grade, can't remember for what though. But I remember her classroom was in the "C" building at the old Jr. High school. I think that was in the 1976-77 school year.

GO DAWGS!

Edited by - GeorgiaGal on 08/05/2007 12:08:50 AMGo to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2007 :  12:40:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I saw Mrs. Cobb the other day. Anybody remember her?? She was in front of me in line. She looks nothing like she did before, but when she said something, I knew it was her, the same voice!! I was very impresses to see her, but I didn't say anything to her, because I wasn't a very good student in her class. It was nice to see that she was still alive and going strong!

You are the same today that you are going to be in 5 years from now except for two things: the people with whom you associate and the books you read.--Charles Jones

LOL! I cant help but laugh on this one Star..but umm yeah..

I remember we had a sub in there this one time.. and umm.. Mrs. Cobb came back and she sure let us ALL have it. :( Lord.. I liked her really.. I would love to see her..
I wonder how many teachers have the guilt driven newfound parents that tell them when their children get into their class that they are sorry for being brats..lol! NOT SAYIN YOU WAS ONE EITHER Star.. nope! I was tho.. I hated academics.. I loved the social part.. she asked me why I thought Social Studies was not important.. that she knew I could over exceed.. and I remember telling her that I got my B and I was fine with it.. that I was worried about tomorrow.. and Ill never forget what she told me.. cause IT WAS TRUE.. and I knew it too..
History is how we get from today.. to tomorrow.. and learn from yesterday.. wow.. she honestly was a wonderful teacher..

Now some of the fellers.lol Draco... not you of course but I bet you remember.. the "4"?? they would put their nasty gum in her coffee cup when she would leave the room.. sigh... :(

I have good kids.lol~! Thank you Lord..

Anne Frank said,
"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." I agree!
Go to Top of Page

babyloo

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  08:24:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been reading some of these, and do any of you remember George Patterson and all the torment he was subjected to?!?  I think he taught the 8th grade when they were in the high school way back when; he might have had 9th graders, but i know he taught science.  one bunch rigged his desks/tables so they would all fall at one time.  he was allergic to cinnamon and so the boys put that in his coffee all the time.  the kids called him ratman.

babylooGo to Top of Page

GeorgiaGal

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  11:17:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Oh yes, I remember Mr. Patterson.  I did have him for science, I think it was in the 5th or 6th grade.   Had him the same time I had Mr. Ensley. 

Yah, and I remember folks used to give him such a hard time.  Poor Mr. Patterson......always had that coffee mug in his hand while he was talking to ya.

GO DAWGS!Go to Top of Page

babyloo

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  11:34:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i wonder if he is still alive.  he did have the coffee mug with him at all times.  i think he came to the high school because he couldn't control the 5th-6th graders.   i don't know why they thought it would be better for him there. 

babylooGo to Top of Page

why

USA
2072 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  1:57:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't have any details yet but Max Kelly's husband Bud passed away last evening of an apparent heart attack. Please be in prayer for the family.

whyGo to Top of Page

GeorgiaGal

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  11:58:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

quote:

I don't have any details yet but Max Kelly's husband Bud passed away last evening of an apparent heart attack. Please be in prayer for the family.

why

frown That's some sad news.  Thanks for letting us know.

why

USA
2072 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2007 :  1:26:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hear Max is not doing well at all, please pray for her.

whyGo to Top of Page

GeorgiaGal

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2007 :  10:47:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
frown  That some sad news.

Lavender

USA
2797 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2007 :  3:58:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So sorry to hear Miss Max is not doing well. She was one of my favorite teacher's.

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.Go to Top of Page

babyloo

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2007 :  9:15:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I heard today that Mrs. Kelley is not well at all. She is in the hospital recovering from gall bladder surgery, besides the cancer she is battling. She is very weak and cannot sit up by herself at all. I think some of her children are trying to stay with her day and night. Please lift up prayers that she can be better. She was a wonderful teacher who taught many unwilling students alot of history. More importantly, she nutured us to think for ourselves.

babylooGo to Top of Page

Topic is 2 Pages Long:
  1  2

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy