New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 17 visitors.
BoeBro Ventures, Inc. and Blairsville.com does recommend or endorse any business or professions discussed by our members. You should consider the information provided as advice alone and consult as many sources as you can when choosing a business or person to provide a service.
 All Forums
 Blairsville Business & Retailing
 Propane....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 3
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
nativelady

USA
11125 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2005 :  09:53:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Where do you get your propane? Prices and Service? Are they reliable?

Habit is a form of exercise...~~~Love and Peace to All...

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2005 :  09:57:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Empire. Good rates, considering the prices of gas now.
We fired a well known gas company. Too big for their britches.

Shaken, dirty, 4 Olives.Go to Top of Page

puddin pop

USA
4628 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2005 :  09:59:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We currently have Amerigas. We have had Suburban and Empire too. They are all the same to me.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than beloved for something I'm not.Go to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11125 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2005 :  10:09:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We've used um all cause Hubby worked for most except PROFLAME but anyways we get ours with Budget in Suches...Hubby checked out there stuff and said Yep...Their a winner! and much cheaper! I need to call them as we speak!

Habit is a form of exercise...~~~Love and Peace to All...Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2005 :  10:52:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Native, you don't need more propane? It is almost summer. Well, we use AGL propane. They give us the employee price for propane and I call them one day and they are out the next. Last time, I stopped the driver at my neighbors and asked if he could come and give us 100 gallons. He came over in 5 minutes. Once, when we were in the travel trailer, we ran out on a Sunday. It was 7 degrees out. They were out within an hour. Good service.!!

Go to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11125 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2005 :  10:54:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We use proapne everything...so yes I need propane. Budget is usually same day service. Ok..Gotta run! Got stuff to do...I have enjoyed this morning ya'll!

Habit is a form of exercise...~~~Love and Peace to All...Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2005 :  10:57:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I forgot you use propane for everything. You must have a tiny electric bill. I just use it for heating.

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2005 :  10:57:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
YES! BUDGET IS A WINNER! OUR NEIGHBOR JUST CHANGED OVER AND LOVES IT! LADY! THIS HAS BEEN A GREAT DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD!LOVE YA TOO!

Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith.

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

peaches

USA
2914 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2005 :  03:04:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As Hank Hill would say "Bobby we sell Propane and propane accscories(sp)" haha i love the hills

(`v)
`*..*
..*) .*)
(. (. . .`. .... ♥PeAcHy♥Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2005 :  10:48:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh don't remind us, Peaches, it will soon be time to order propane again. I wonder how much it will cost this year?

Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2005 :  11:59:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Oh don't remind us, Peaches, it will soon be time to order propane again. I wonder how much it will cost this year?

Coosa, have you changed to Budget?

GrayEagle
"I am an American! I am not a White-American, African-American, Cuban-American, or any other hyphenated-American!"Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2005 :  12:07:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not yet, but I am going to check the price between AGL and Budget. AGL gives us the employee price which is about 5 cents less than normal. But we own our own tank so if budget is cheaper, I will switch to them.

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  08:58:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its much easier if you buy your own tank and dont have to sign contracts.

Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith.

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  09:00:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We got a great deal on our tank when we were building Dr. Gowder's house. He found a guy selling 1000 gal. tanks for $750 so he bought one and so did we. We found out a year later that the tanks were stolen by an employee of the company. We got to keep the tanks, but the guy went to jail.

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  09:01:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OMGOSH! EWWW!

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  09:08:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The president of the company came out and looked at our tank. I thought we might be in trouble, but nothing happened. I am surprised they did not take their tank back, but that was more than 5 years ago, so i guess we don't have to put on prison stripes.

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  09:22:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol! Im glad you aint in prison! I hate that that happened all together too tho. The one who is in prison .. deserved that!

Was talkin with a friend and there is lots of crooked things go on that are dealt with in other ways too. Im shocked at the nerve of the man who sold yall the gas tank!

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  09:25:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess we should not have been so stupid. We had never bought a gas tank and thought we were just getting a good deal. He worked for the company as their main man. I wonder how many more he sold to other people. We just had a 500 gal. tank put in our spec house and it was about $1400. Of course, with the 1000 gal. tank we have now, we can't afford to fill it.

Go to Top of Page

MiddleAgeCrazy

USA
1435 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  1:05:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone know what a 250 gallon tank would cost? I'm staying with total electric, but would like a back up in case of an emergency.

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  1:09:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Middleage, you can just rent a tank from any company. It runs about $32 a year. It takes years to justify buying a tank. It is just that if you own the tank, you can bury it.

Go to Top of Page

MiddleAgeCrazy

USA
1435 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  1:12:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd rather be like you guys and call whomever to deliver the gas, don't want to have to use a certain outfit.
I'll call budget to see what they would sell one for. Didn't even know about them.

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  1:15:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They are out in Suches, Native uses them. I am going to check out their prices. Wow, talking about propane and it is about 85 degrees outside.

Go to Top of Page

MiddleAgeCrazy

USA
1435 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  1:18:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know, but if you snooze you will lose. I should have filled up my gas tanks yesterday. It'll be over a hundred dollars for the chevy now, an I got to move my daughter to Athens this weekend.

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  1:20:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, what size Chevy do you have? Are you moving here or just renting. You mentioned looking for land. What cause you to come to blairsville?

Go to Top of Page

MiddleAgeCrazy

USA
1435 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  1:27:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been here, just found the site.
I live in Trackrock area. I,m just planning for a rainy day when it gets so crowded here I can t stand it anymore.

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  1:29:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, we are glad you are here. We need land for our next spec house. I am going to look in the Trackrock area next. I know what you mean about looking. Lots of people are buying cheap land in Kentucky.

Go to Top of Page

Topic is 3 Pages Long:
  1  2  3

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy