New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 10 visitors.
 All Forums
 Blairsville Business & Retailing
 Trash Pick up
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 2
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
nativelady

USA
11126 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2005 :  09:50:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Who picks up your trash? And what do they charge? I am looking for the best on this one...Needing some reliable and affordable!

Habit is a form of exercise...~~~Love and Peace to All...

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2005 :  09:52:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We use Tony's. $20 month. We have Holbrooks up at the shop. They are both great!

Shaken, dirty, 4 Olives.Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2005 :  09:53:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tonys garbage? Not sure about prices.

We use Bennys Sanitation out of Hiawassee for our big jobs. Dependable and affordable. And Steven os my hunnys old time greatest friend.lol

Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith.

Saint Francis of Assisi
Go to Top of Page

puddin pop

USA
4628 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2005 :  09:55:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have A&H Sanitation that gets ours. $17.00 a month.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than beloved for something I'm not.Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2005 :  11:03:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We had Acme garbage for year, then 3 months ago, he sold out to Tony's. It is $20 a month, but I don't like their bookkeeping. They never send us a bill or have even given us their address. I usually tape my check to the garbage bag and hope they see it.

Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2005 :  8:17:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys, I got Tony's will He still pick up tomorrow as usual or because of the holiday will he pick up a day later?

I don't want to put it out if it's not the right day, who knows what will get into it?

Cherry BlossomGo to Top of Page

Kevin

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2005 :  8:26:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kevin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tony's does a very good job! They came yesterday, on the holiday, to provide service. I have been a customer of theirs for several years now, and plan to continue with them. Wesley does a great job- he opens my gate to pick up, then closes the gate on the way out.

Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2005 :  8:50:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Kevin I wasn't sure, I appreciate your reply!

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2005 :  8:54:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They don't work like that here Cherry. They'll pick up on your scheduled day. It's wild!! I thought it was just a given that people would take the day after off a holiday because it was a holiday, but they don't! Only happens in big cities, I guess.

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2005 :  10:25:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I put mine out on Mondays(regular day) but it did not get picked up until Tuesday afternoon. I have Tony too. Does he pick up everyone's on Mondays?

Go to Top of Page

ShadowMan

USA
4158 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2005 :  10:41:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit ShadowMan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tony picked ours up yesterday instead of Monday. We're easy....we just go with the flow.

Shadow

FWIW, JOMO. YMMV! Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2005 :  10:45:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Doesn't bother me, I am just wondering if he only picks up on Mondays? We are lucky, we have not had problems with anything getting into our garbage and tearing it up.

Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2005 :  11:41:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He comes to mine on Wednesday's Coosa.

I'm a bit worried because the National forest is next to me and plus my own pets may get bored and get into it. Hopefully He'll come today, because it's sitting on the curb.

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2005 :  11:43:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He is pretty reliable, so he should come. He did not come on labor day because the dump was closed for the holiday. I am thankful for garbage pick up. The first ten years I lived here, I had to carry it in my car to the dumpster every day. That was depressing because there were always abandoned animals around there. I always carried a bag of dog food to feed them.

Go to Top of Page

nelly

USA
2816 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2005 :  1:10:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ummmm, <<<psst>>>> sometimes he forgets the new ones, Cherry! Call and leave a message.

A simple act of kindness.....pass it onGo to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2005 :  1:50:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He's not late. He usually comes while I'm sitting at the bus stop.

I'm not worried, just curious. Thanks Nelly!

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2005 :  1:53:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Cherry has a "thing" for the garbage man!!! When I was a kid, I used to tell all my relatives that I wanted to marry a garbage man!!!

Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2005 :  2:06:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Instead you married Mr. Clean.

Hope you're not disappointed Coosa!

swissroger

USA
7923 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2005 :  2:14:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
does anyone select the trash and recicle?? is there any limitation or thake they anything for the $20 or so? here its expensive and you have to select...

swissrogerGo to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2005 :  2:17:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think they take glass, Aluminum, & plastic. Not sure if they cut out cardboard or not. They may of added it back or taken it away.
Cost is by the lb. of what you bring in.

swissroger

USA
7923 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2005 :  2:22:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
so the people that grab the litter select it and not you as you fill diffrent bags with diffrent things?

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2005 :  3:17:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cherry, I did all right and I came close. His father owned a large garbage pick up business in Michigan, so I married the son of a garbage man.

Go to Top of Page

nelly

USA
2816 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2005 :  4:58:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The recycle center takes glass, aluminum cans, and certain types of plastic....and definately cardboard! We keep them supplied in boxes! There's no charge if you recycle, Roger and we have to do it all ourselves with very little encouragement from the powers that be.

A simple act of kindness.....pass it onGo to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2005 :  6:50:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My trash was retrieved at the same time as usual. Tony is highly recommended!

swissroger

USA
7923 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2005 :  12:26:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thanks nelly,

here the kids lern it on school how to separate the litter. sometimes i think its to mutch but sure it helps the environment.

but if we swiss only do it its like "a drop of water on an hot stone"

at least they sort things out on that station. and one campground i stay frequently the owner and his family sneak in all trash and sort it out! he is proud of that!

nativelady

USA
11126 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2005 :  11:29:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We use Josh Cheek...whatever his business is called. I done forgot! Picks up on Thursday!

I live in my own little world. But it's OK. They know me here...
Go to Top of Page

Topic is 2 Pages Long:
  1  2

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy