New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 7 visitors.
 All Forums
 Local Politics and related issues
 Jobless in blairsville
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 3
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Georgia

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2004 :  07:33:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is amazing how many blue cards the department of labor hands out and no one uses them.

Go to Top of Page

ShadowMan

USA
4158 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2004 :  01:00:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit ShadowMan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
It is amazing how many blue cards the department of labor hands out and no one uses them.

What are blue cards? How are they supposed to be used?

Shadow

FWIW, JOMO. YMMV! Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2004 :  02:33:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ive had one them once when changing jobs. Shadow, you have never been to the dept of labor have you.lol

Cept sometimes mine were green.hmmm. Anyway, it gives you information and directions to the job interview or prospective job. You give it to the employers seeking employees!

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2004 :  02:34:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ive had one them once when changing jobs. Shadow, you have never been to the dept of labor have you.lol

Cept sometimes mine were green.hmmm. Anyway, it gives you information and directions to the job interview or prospective job. You give it to the employers seeking employees! I always kept a job but I was always greedy in my younger years wanting to work 2 jobs and become that millionair.lol Or just keep up with the Joneses.lmaorof! Not anymore!

Go to Top of Page

Hotdawg

USA
2357 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2004 :  10:27:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hotdawg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
[quote]
We need more jobs instead of resturants,we can't afford them. We have not eaten since the shoe factory closed. Please help.

i use to work at the boot company til one day one of those murphys called the law and said i had a pound of pot in my car well got fired before the law got there but when the law did get there nothing was in my vehicle guess them murphy,s already got it out well anyways that lead me to find a new job which is in the aviation business and cant complain now i make 3 times the money i did at the boot company but anyways all i wanted to say is thanks dennis M

i use to come there when i was young moved there when i was 28 divorced and moved again miss those mountains but ill be backGo to Top of Page

pussandboots

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2004 :  9:31:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I worked there for 33 year.Wish I could place you. Tell me more I am not a Murphy,but I know Dinnis

Go to Top of Page

Hotdawg

USA
2357 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2004 :  9:42:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hotdawg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yes puss and boots i worked in backshoes on the 2nd shift under stanley odom he was a good boss and melvin emerson trained me and what a good man he was

i use to come there when i was young moved there when i was 28 divorced and moved again miss those mountains but ill be backGo to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11126 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2004 :  9:31:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dawg, My daddy worked up there for 30 something years too. He called it the "Hell Hole" but he hung in there and No he wasn't a Murphy either. He worked in the press dept. day shift. My Papa and Uncle worked night shift. And my Hubby worked 2nd shift too on carbitac (mispelled) press. I think almost all of B'ville worked there. I didn't my daddy told me if he ever seen me come through those doors he would ummmm kick my ....Rump! That was putting it nicely! Anyway, I can't remember who all they worked under and all that but I do remember it was a stressful place to work. As for Melvin Emerson, he was a good man. I loved him to death. I was related to him through marriage.

Love and Peace to all....Go to Top of Page

Hotdawg

USA
2357 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2004 :  11:19:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hotdawg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
nativelady who was youre father if i can ask?

nativelady

USA
11126 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2004 :  8:50:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I emailed ya Dawg!

Hotdawg

USA
2357 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2004 :  9:11:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hotdawg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hey native i e-mailed you back with a differnt e-mail addy you wernt in my hotmail address book and with the gaurd i have on it only people in my address will only get thru sorry with all the spam didnt want my account to be like over 1000 messages

nativelady

USA
11126 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2004 :  9:20:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok Dawg! It's sending your way as we speak!

pussandboots

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2004 :  12:26:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was 1 of the topstitchers. It was hard work but I miss it I wish it had never closed.

Go to Top of Page

MindCrime

USA
77 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2004 :  10:00:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Puss, bite your tongue

Go to Top of Page

sabaville

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2005 :  11:12:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am small business owner up in the east and I am looking for a state where I can open up another branch. I run a call center and I am one of those companies who have looked into India to find people who Want to work and Need to work. I am looking into Blairsville and I am wondering how many of you out there NEED and WANT a job? My next option is moving my business into Kentucky where they Need and Want a job. Are they any Blairsvillians who NEED and WANT a job who might be interested?

Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2005 :  12:35:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What kinda call center do you own?

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2005 :  10:53:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are plenty of people, especially women, who need a job here. What are you about?

Go to Top of Page

sabaville

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2005 :  11:49:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We currently own and operate an appointment setting service in the Northeast. We are looking for an area to open a second office for incoming calls. The skills that are needed for this type of job are computer knowledge, multi-line telephone and a highly organized person. We hope to be able to offer these jobs in the real near future.

Go to Top of Page

ShadowMan

USA
4158 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  02:20:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit ShadowMan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sabaville, please see this data as presented by the Union County Development Authority:
http://ucda.net/labor.html

You might try contacting Tom Murphy, who serves as Executive Director of the UCDA, at tommurphy@ucda.net for further assistance and information about locating your business here.

Shadow

FWIW, JOMO. YMMV! Go to Top of Page

thales

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2005 :  8:30:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone seen any real stats on how our area economy has changed in the last decade? I remember promises made by the politicians who wanted to develop the mountains and by the developers who said that relaxing environmental regulations would be compensated for by all the jobs that would be created. Twenty years ago this area was one of the most beautiful places in the world - and you couldn't get a good job. Now, the beauty has in large part been replaced by vacation homes, traffic and pollution - and you still can't get a good job!

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2005 :  6:00:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My husband pays $18 an hour. That's not bad for no college. This is really a dull forum!![Automated by GetSmile]

Go to Top of Page

someguy

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2005 :  7:52:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Coosa,

What type of work does you husband do?

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2005 :  11:45:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He is a licensed contractor and has been building custom houses in this area for 21 years. He is not a developer.

Go to Top of Page

Topic is 3 Pages Long:
  1  2  3

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy